Monday, March 17, 2008

Feelings

Feelings, it is so amazing what you are. You are a ticking bomb waiting for a word or an action to occur so you could explode inside our bodies either to evoke a rush of anger or a sprinkle of joy. Sometimes it is neither this nor that and our brains think you’re dead. We do sometimes fear that we have lost our feelings and have become heartless, don’t we? Huh, humans! What do we know? Controlled by our feelings, our feet drag us to where our desires long to be. To what our curiosity longs to explore – sometimes to the future and sometimes back to years and years long forgotten only remembered because of a rush of our feelings. Oh well, humans are indeed so weak.

Feelings O’ feelings, what is it about you that has so much control over us? You have this force that contains us. Our thoughts, beliefs, actions and desires are all under your mercy. Sometimes you frighten us to death because we know you could lead us to hell. Yet, sometimes, we couldn’t describe the glee that fills us when our heartbeats flow slowly at steady tempo, knowing that we’re not broken. What is it about you, you intangible thing?

You are a vague dish with different seasonings. Every bite is a flavor and we just can’t hate you because just when we start despising you, you pinch us with a new reality – one which we love and want. Yes, sometimes it is us who choose what we want to feel. It is not completely out of our control. And here comes a sense of hope, optimism – yet still wowed by the force which overtakes us when controlled by our feelings.

I’m going through a rough day, excuse me if I have totally lost it and made no sense! Moving from the “za7ma” stage (previous post), I now find myself living the “Turning in Circles” stage.

I now leave you with one of my favorite old songs Time After Time (year 1984) but this performance is in 2006:




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well R,
I wouldn't have been able to express nor define 'feelings'
Well thought and written.

Its simply undescrible... Even when we think we know it, next thing we know it switches. Be it switching from different emotion to another.

I just cannot understand the inspiration of this post. I'm sorta confused. I hope it's the "ZA7MEH" workload is talking not something else.

Reem B. said...

From M wit love: The za7meh and the fact that I need to go get lost somewhere so far away for a few days. Can't wait till June.

KJ said...

On the contrary, you make perfect sense. Feelings are what make us who we are! Whether we love or hate having feelings, we can't not live without them, at one point or another!

Even animals have feelings! Imagine the world without it!

Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

Reem B. said...

@ Kj -- Thanks KJ... Appreciated! :) (I do feel better thank you)

Kaos said...

Turning in circles reuires creativity to surpass it. And I bet you'll find ur way

Reem B. said...

@ Kaos-- I appreciate that thought of yours ;)

Thanks

Big Pearls said...

I feel empty

Ammaro said...

uh... feelings... not good stuff

feelings, unfortunately, make you weak, sway you to do things without a rational mind. try to control them, hide them. think, use your mind, and you shall be fine.

|:| DUBAI |:| said...

this one is different : ) sis !!

Dr. Shale bin Agnon said...

I remember going to an 8th birthday party when I was seven (possibly six) and all the girls danced to Cindy Lauper and Madonna. It brings back.

I would respond to your considerations of feelings, but I recently left university (after 9 years) and now have an actuary as my mentor. What is the internal rate of return on emotional output?

Maya // مايا said...

OMG wOMAN! UPDATE!! MISSS YOUR WRITING! ITS A SHAME TO PUT SUCH A GIFTED WRITER OUT TO PASTURE! :p

MentesSueltas said...

Estoy de paseo dejando un abrazo con el cariño de siempre.
MentesSueltas

Anonymous said...

just dropped in to say i miss yr writing :)