Saturday, June 30, 2007

Body Combat

This summer, just like every summer, I plan to do different things that would be of a nice change in my life. I look for something that would be new, useful, interesting and DIFFERENT. Usually, my plans remain un-acted words or just thoughts on hold! Yeah… yeah… this is me! But this summer I aimed and planned with a stronger willpower! As a result, I did not only apply for a summer job and actually started working, in fact, I have planned and decided to go to BODY COMBAT sessions at the Dubai Ladies Club along with my friend S.MAD.

S.MAD and I have similar interests and similar tastes in what we like and what we hate to do. We are always ready to try something new as we live the “ why not?” theory. So, I am working at Summer Planet and in August I intend to also change my job and work at a travel agency… one which my mother knows very well. It would be interesting and really beneficial.

So let me tell you about this BODY COMBAT. It is the new, different, interesting and useful thing that would spice up my summer. It’s a martial art with loud techno hip hop music. “it is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed”, is what most people would say about body combat. Anyway, Recently I have been attending the sessions and the more I go the more I get attached to it. The last time I did something like that was two years ago. So, guess what? I looked like a fool when I attended the first session. S.MAD on the other hand, is already well skilled at catching and keeping up with the rhythm of it all. *She does Taekwondo*.

Even though it's hard to get my muscles used to the pain of all the kicking, all the punching, all the jumping and attacking and dancing with the music, deep inside I just know that it's not only fun but also very good for my body. Enough of the laziness and the "potato couch" life !!! Time to add "LIFE" to my life!

PUNCH RIGHT...PUNCH LEFT...PUNCH RIGHT ...RIGHT.... KICK LEFT... "YAAAAAAA"......... KICK LEFT ...KICK RIGHT... PUNCH LEFT... AGAIN LEFT... LOWER RIGHT "HAYYYYYYYYY"! ...... hehehe

7 comments:

M said...

I'm really proud of you =D
You should keep this activeness DOUM UP! =D


Travel agency.. =P that is going to be interesting I WANT!! =D

Reem B. said...

Hey DeeDee...
Thanks. it's nice to know that somone is proud of one's self! ;)
Some people, as I told them about the body combat, gave me the "inti metfayja" look... and others gave me the "7asha shoo hal 5bal" look. I'm just glad that my parents are happy with what I'm doing lol.

HEY!! WHEN YOU COME BACK FROM 3MRA YOU MUST JOIN US FIL BODY COMBAT. ;)

salfa3ajeeba said...

hi can3rian,
7beet halriyatha lianni kasola wi sij a7isha itwanis wi it7arrik iljisim fi nafs ilwagt,

keep goin sis:)

salfa3ajeeba said...

sorry '3ala6t fi ismich,
can3rian=canc3rian,

fashla awal marra adish 3indich wi a'3ali6 bismich:(

sorrrrrry

Reem B. said...

Salfa3ajeeba : hahahaha la 3aaaaadi... el dinya cool ! w 3ala 6ary this sport I really an9a7 kil 7ad to do at least something similar... 7atta simple Yoga would be good. El jesem ye7taj lel nashaa6 wel 7ayawiyya wel tajdeed :D hehe....

Thanks for passing :D

Unknown said...

WHY NOT? It is always better to try things out yourself, what better way is there to discovering this world then taking risks and trying new things out. I am so glad I found you, finally someone to share my crazy interests with… YOU ROCK!

Reem B. said...

SARA: Awwww am so glad I also met you... cuz ever since I did, everything i plan to do i just know that it's possible with yOU! loool.... Your car is officially my home! It's been our companion throughout all our crazy missions! hehe WE WILL SHOW THE WHOLE WORLD HOW TO COMBAAAAAT !!
and soon how to Body JAAAAAM, let alone our salsa and swimming with jelly fish! loool