Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Last Day...

Yesterday was the last day of university and the beginning of the summer holiday. I hated how class went and for some reason something bugged me. So, I ended up having the worst mood ever. I still had 15 minutes before I left university.

I decided to go to Dr. Su’s office and say goodbye. She will be leaving us for good now. So I went there and we chit-chatted for a few minutes and that’s when she told me she was glad to know I won a Noor Ali Rashid photography award. I told her “No, I was one of the participants but I didn’t win. I didn’t even attend the event because something came up even though I made sure I got the invitation via Aramex”. “Are you sure you didn’t win, honey? Isn’t that your name here?” she asked surprised. I saw the names of the winners on the screen and to my shock my name was among the top three winners of the video category. It was weird that nobody even emailed to inform me. “I will have to go and talk to David”, I said! David is my Video Production teacher and is honestly one of the most respectful teachers I came across in my life.

I then went to David Burns’ office. It’s always a pleasure talking to him. He congratulated me and told me to go to Andrea for she has my award. “Go get from Andrea… but just a sec, let me see if she hadn’t sold it yet!” he said sarcastically.

So, yeah… it was a nice closure to this very long academic year.


Later that day… my friends and I went out for a nice light meal to chill out and peacefully spend time knowing that we have no more assignments to worry about or any more work to do! So… we went to Emi Mall and walked around, shopped a little and then met my friend whom I haven’t seen in ages and whom I really miss soooooooooo much. It has been really great. So, then, my friends and I sat at Piazza and had some Italian food. However, the best thing was dessert: Chocolate Crêpe + Chocolate Fondant. Yummy in the tummy as they say!

Then, I walked my other friends to their car where they gave me the invitation cards to some other friend and when I went back to my school friends they saw the card… One of them said “Oh my God. Your friend’s husband to be is my mom’s cousin!” So yeah…
can the world get any SMALLER??

Well, what’s better than a peaceful evening spent with special friends who are closer to you than your soul

P.S: I wanna go to the beach.

1 comment:

M said...

Glad you had fun.