Monday, July 23, 2007

From 1:00 to 4:00 AM

Just like everybody else in this world… just like everyone around us… just like anyone we see whether we know them or not, we have issues. We have problems and things we think we have no solutions to. Yet, we keep digging and walking in circles trying to find a way, not the easy way out, but the best way out!


From 1:00 to 4:00 Am… when people like me are supposed to be sleeping and resting and dreaming of tomorrow, I instead stay up all night and drown in my own thoughts, worries, memories, manifestations, dreams. Every thought seems to build up a step for the thought coming after.



Those steps keep going higher and higher and finally I start to reach the top. Suddenly, I trip and everything I built falls, like my tears, and collapses, like myself. I end up crying myself to sleep. Sometimes, I don’t sleep at all. At other times, though, I get a grip and smile totally convinced that tomorrow I will have a laugh looking back at my days/nights of confusion.



It’s been a while since I cried now. I’m becoming tougher and tougher by the second. I like that. It’s what I longed to be…! Yet, my heart still beats out receptive weeps of softness.



Although my achievements aren’t much, I still consider them lovely steps that make me proud. Although people might think I haven’t yet seen the world I feel like I lived a thousand lives. The number of years you lived is nothing in comparison to the simple incidents that taught you what one could never have learnt in a life time. Yes, I learnt lessons and lessons and lessons… I could write a book. Only my ink would be my tears and my inspiration would be my pride. My wounds, however, would be my manuscript.



Yes, from 1:00 to 4:00 Am, the world could be sleeping but still I am breathing with eyes wide open a nonstop-flow of memories, of reviews and of meditations. Nothing broke me and nothing will. Many painful incidents hurt me so much but only proved to me that my faith is strongly deep in God, in fate, in tomorrow and in those who love me.



Loved? Yes, by so many people I could even lose count of. I have friends who would do anything for me. I have parents who cherish me. I have siblings who miss me when I’m gone and come to me with stories to tell and laughs to share.



How can life be so perfect and yet so dull? Or is it just my “inability to sleep” speaking with anger now?



Okay now the sun is up… Good morning and sweet dreams to me!

21 comments:

Nick McRae said...

:) Your English is perfect. Did you learn from birth?

Reem B. said...

Oh Thanks! Hmmm...Well, you can say in school, ever since KG, I've had all my subjects in English. At least most of them. Arabic is obviously taught in Arabic haha. I've learnt Islamic studies in Arabic and English - depends on the school i've been to.(Changed schools a lot)

But again, where I come from, English is the second Official language after Arabic. So it's only normal that I have good English.

Thanks for passing by :D :D

Anonymous said...

Don't cry again :)

tears dont suit you....try to keep your self busy..reading your post reminds me of myself. I feel I am your copy...

hope you slept well :)

Reem B. said...

Thanks amu, here's a smile :D
And yes, eventually I slept lol.

Unknown said...

I would give anything just to see you smile .. :D

Reem B. said...

Thanks Sara!! Same here walla. =D a9lan we're crazy and always high annd hyper ! LOL

M said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
:O Crying while we were enjoying our AMOR GITANO vid? !!!!

I object :@!!! I Object:@ !!
How could you and all this love and '3raaam =P!

JK-


Hmmm ;) I amdire your thoughts,writings and the person you are. I guess I sorta know where this post comes from =D

Always keep smiling mwaaaaaaaaaaa7!! *hugz*

I personally think the internet does scare sleep away!

Anonymous said...

wow! nicely-written post!

don't cry just keep your faith in god then in yourself... be proud of your achievements! oo inshallah kel ely tabenah yet7agag :)

btw.. thanks for the comment!

sweet dreams...

Reem B. said...

Dynamic: DeeeDeee... Walla so sweeet of you and I wasn't crying when watchin Amor Gitano ! I was ultimately hyper remember ?? ;)

Rekoo: Thanks for passsing and for being sweet! And just to let you know, i find your blog interesting.

Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

Woooooow...what a lovely post..mashallah...

We are blessed in this one way but sometimes we try to find errors in that perfectionism too...well what can you say, Humans!!!

And to your thoughts, I dedicate this great part from a Hoobastank song called where we are:

Just look back on,
How far we've come.
We've made it somehow,
Look where we are now.

All we've done,
Our battles won.
We've made it somehow,
Look where we are now.


Keep on writing and keep on inspiring coz what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..*_^

Reem B. said...

SUGAR: How could you call yourself sugar-free sweetie when you're all about sweeeetness and sugar-ness ??
thanks 3al dedication.
and btw, it's the comments I get from the people I like and respect what inspires me immediately!
Walla you made me smile. *HUG*

=D

Anonymous said...

I know you've probably heard this a lot, but there's something in the way you write that makes me... I dunno. Maybe you can find the right word. You always do!

After reading that I felt like hugging you so tightly. These thoughts and feelings which you've felt, I am sure all of us in this world have given 'em a thought.

How can life be so perfect and yet so dull? I guess it's like art. Good art can turn what's bad into good. You can do that. PLEASE PUBLISH A BOOK ONE DAY! YOU REALLY SHOULD!

You really made my day. Thank you.

Reem B. said...

SARA AL SHUAIBI : YOU MADE MINE !!! *HUGS BACK* Walla I'm replying to you with a huge smile. lol

=D

I really enjoying expressive writing.. and you + my very good friends never stop the encouragement :D

Like I said... such comments are my inspiration.

THANKS ;)

Reem B. said...

fixing error: I really enjoy*

Anonymous said...

Wai la2 9ij I wanna hug you! ;P

eshda3wa said...

whats wrong with crying?

no one should tell u to stop crying and you shouldnt even try

holding you emotions and keeping them inside isnt healthy

if you trip and fall
the only important thing is u should get back up on you feet and tey again

Reem B. said...

I don't believe anything is wrong in crying. And the whole point of my post is that i fell and did get up like you said and even started wearing better shoes that keep my feet more stable and prevent me from losing balance ;)

crying feels good sometimes I must say.

Thanks for passin' eshda3wa.

Anonymous said...

Advices from a future doctor:
1. Crying is healthy.
2. Very high heels are bad for you.

:D ;***

Reem B. said...

Dr. Sara AL Shuaibi: LOL@THAT!!

Anonymous said...

i'm a latino who was in love with a saudi but i couldn't get really close. i'm still in love with life and in love with a new person somewhere very far away. all the best from my heart, you are very sweet

Reem B. said...

Manosanta: Muchas gracias... and I also wish you the best. From what you said I must say that you really do have a story to tell. =)