Saturday, July 28, 2007

Devastated


Lately my health hasn’t been quite what I have expected it to be. I thought I’m healthier, I thought I ate better, I thought I was getting stronger and I thought the enzymes in my tummy were giving me a break as I avoided citrus fruits as much as possible. The last time I had serious pain because of the enzymes was because my tummy was usually empty. It shocked me at the moment and I told the doctor that I think I'm eating more than enough. She said I have more enzymes in my body than I should, thus the acids burn the food immediately and they burn the insides of my tummy if I don't eat a light meal every two hours.

Everything was perfectly fine for a while. Apple juice started to play a role in my life instead of the usual orange juice… and instead of my favorite refreshing mint lemonade. Sometimes, I have no idea what goes wrong but the pain starts killing me again. It feels as though an elephant is resting on my chest preventing me from breathing. At some point it feels as though a fire is set to burn my intestines and the very insides of the walls of my tummy. No lungful of air seemed to carry enough oxygen to get over the pain.

I am feeling it now. It is devastating… Yes, it’s not a serious disease, thank God, and yes it’s not fatal, thank God, and yes there are worse cases, may God help them. Nevertheless, what I feel is affecting me rather psychologically.


The last two days have been hell for me. I don’t remember I ever easily cried in front of my mother, let alone crying on her shoulders. Last night I literally cried on her shoulders and hugged her as I told her how I felt weak. In other words my message to her was: Mom, I need you. It was hard for me to let all these emotions out. It's just not me to do so.

Funny how no matter how much you think you’ve grown up, you still feel this need. I know I said 'funny', but I just know it’s totally normal.

It was about 2:00 in the morning and she was asleep. My call woke her up and she came to me when I insisted she comes because I had something serious to talk to her about. Yes, something very serious just hit my realization and I finally came to see how dangerous it could be and so I told my mother. It bothered me so much, even more than the acids in my tummy itself. It made my tummy problem get worse and hence got to me psychologically.

Today… I went to the hospital. The doctor checked on me entirely with and without clothes. I never felt like I needed someone’s help and I never felt so openly close to my mother.

You know when you panic you really say things you never think you’d say. When I was crying earlier at night, and I was crying like a child, I told my mother that I love her more than any of my siblings do, that I feel sad each time she’s in pain and that I cry when she gets sick...etc. I hugged her so tight when she was just so shocked that all these words came out of my mouth. I’m known for being the person who never speaks of/about their emotions. She told me she’ll call a doctor in the morning for both my tummy and my other problem that’s been torturing my thoughts for a while.

Back to what the doctor had to finally say… she gave me good and bad news. Both of which I don’t want to speak of. Everything is just fine but I just need some time until it all sinks in my head and until I really get over the trauma of it all.

So… I’m psychologically very devastated and in need to change my surroundings. I’m moving to my grandma’s house. It’s an hour and a half drive. I’m taking a good book, a collection of good movies and there I will spend quality time reading, watching TV and movies and going to the beach. I will leave my phone behind, if not switched off. Something in me is just not well.

Well, I’ll be away for about a week or more. See you all…. Take care and enjoy your time.

P.S: Yes, I’ll miss everyone. And I’ll miss blogging…

Yours; Canc3riaN

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything is fine. matshofeen shar inshallah!

take a break! relax a little and inshallah we will see you soon! :)

Anonymous said...

7abeebty 7addich kisarty 5a6ry. Dunno what exactly you're feeling bs wallah wish I could do something to make you feel better. Hope you be well soon. We will all be missing you. Matshoofin shar, dear. :*** 6amneenna as soon as you can!

Reem B. said...

ReKoo + Sara Shuaibi: Guys, your comments made me smile walla. So sweet of you *hugz*. Highly appreciated!

My health is much better... And to a6ammenkom everything is normal and just fine. Still need to check on my me3da next week. I already feel that nafsity a7san and much much much much better. And my other problem got solved. El 7emdilla.
I felt like I just needed to feel normal again.. and now i do =D.
I had two days of devastation and now I'm just trying to gain my hyperness back.

Thanks again

Anonymous said...

:D I am so glad to hear that! :D *hugs and kisses*

Reem B. said...

*Hugz back and kisses back*

;)

(hehe now the rumors will start about me and sara shuaibi! pffffft LOL)

Anonymous said...

*LOL* Let 'em say whatever they wanna say! ;P~

Reem B. said...

Alam ko... ito ang galing galing ;) hehe (God I suck at this)

Anonymous said...

Hinde talagang magaling ka! :D You don't suck. ;P

M said...

AWwwwwwwwwww Cancerian, I really hope you get well soon.
I'm really sorry to know you have through all this *hugs tiiight*
Inshalla this break and change of atmosphere would make you gain your old self and health back!


Have fun, love ya, miss ya and I will pray for ya.

Loaaaaaaaaads of love,

M**A

Unknown said...

7abeeeeebti ... We all pass thorugh bad times.. Psychology really plays a role.. Dont worry inshalah it will pass soon, phases like this come and go. Just live the moment and enjoy your time, take everything easy and try not stressing you self.. Love Ya.. I will always be here for you if you ever needed anything and you KNOW IT .. Have fun 3nd your grand-ma and come back for COMBATING we really didnt do that in a while ... Muwaaaaa7 *Hugs and Kisses*

Reem B. said...

Thanks DeeDee and Sara.... I'm sure i don't need to show how happy your comments made me feel. Yes, i don't need to show you cuz you know. Love you.

Nick McRae said...

Feel better please :)

Reem B. said...

Thanks nick... !!!!

Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

*Hughz and kisses*......

I know what you mean when you said how we need our mothers no matter how much we grow up...but thats how things are...and frankly I love it...lol

Get well soon...and you do need a quiet time away from our loud city...see ya soon...gonna miss ya lots (especially when you motivating me to blog more)...

Navy Girl said...

awww hun I’m really sorry to hear that  made me sad to know about it .. yeah you will be missed so very much .. I hope you will be okay my thoughts and my prayers are all with you … love you :*

OutOfReach said...

ma tsho0fen shar ajer o 3afya :)
get wel soon (F)

Anonymous said...

How are you now? Wanna make sure you're fine before I leave to Bahrain. :(

Reem B. said...

Navy Girl + Outofreach : Allah ysallemkom w thanks 3al sweet comments (K) Very appreciated!

CeCe: 7abeebty now I'm much better... :D Everything is back to normal and kil shay EXCELLENT el 7emdilla... and I'm back to being hyper and crazy and " 5ebla " hehe
I'm at my grandma's house now... it's quiet and peaceful... I'll go back home probably tomorrow. I decided to go back earlier than planned cuz i thought of doing some Body Combat with S.MAD in the club.

SO YES CANC3RIAN IS BACK :D

Thanks a lot for caring walla. *HUGZZZZ*

Reem B. said...

sugar-free Sweetie: SUCH A SWEETIE and you know it! *k* ^_^

Anonymous said...

YAY! My Canc3riaN is back! :D Now I can travel not having to worry about you! :D ;*

Reem B. said...

tseereeeeen w tredeeeeen belsalaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaa *k*.... ;)
w enjoy decorating and furnishing your appartment in bahrain :D
WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH CECE !

Sugar-Free Sweetie said...

A7la welcome back...but do u know where Dee has disappeared???

Anonymous said...

Allah ysalmich 7abbooba! :D ;* I will sure have fun and WILL BE MISSING YOU TOO! ;D

Reem B. said...

Sugar-Free: I've smsed her twice... I was on the phone with her two days ago .... but now I have the same question as yours! I know she's traveling sooon and a5af saferat already :S

Hmmm....

CeCe: =D

Aisha said...

:(
salamat :(

Anonymous said...

I went for a week a all this :( Sallamat girl..get well soon... you kinda scared me with this post, i just hope and pray that everything is well at your side. I will surely miss you and if you need me you know where am I, not too far from you :)

Anonymous said...

sorry I ate some words :P I am at the airport and typing quickly,hehe

eshda3wa said...

salammat yalghalya salamaaat

hope ur feeling better!

Mirror Polisher said...

The best place to be when you are sick is in your mom's arms :D

Hope you are feeling better

Reem B. said...

Palo-Girl: Allah ysalmich... thanks for passing by sweety!

Amu: WHAT CAN I SAY?? THANKS and hey nice to hear from you again! Are you back :D?

Eshda3wa: Yeslam '3aleeeech I'm feeling fresh and up and about like nothing on earth went wrong ;) Thanks :D

Magical Droplets: Thanks for passing by and yes talk about it :S :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by in my blog! Sounds like you are not fine, but wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Reem B. said...

Anytime Joel !! My pleasure.